top of page

Iron Men

Public·4 Brothers
Avtandil Socks
Avtandil Socks

Catch Me If You Can Sottotitoli Italiano

25.000( water splashes )( lilting melody played on acoustic guitar )( violins join in )( French horns playing )( trumpets join in )( solo guitar resolves melody )( xylophone plays halting jazzy theme )( strings join melody )(jazzy saxophone plays )( orchestra repeats melody )( melody ascending )( saxophone, bass play mid- tempo, improvisational jazz )( orchestra repeats melody )( melody builds )( melody slows )( melody repeats )( airy, descending progression )( melody repeats )( theme music ends )( static crackles )( applause )JOE GARAGIOLA: Thank you very muchand welcome to To Tell the Truth.Our first guest, he's made a careerout of being the most outrageous impostorthat we've ever come across on this showand you're going to see what I mean.ANNOUNCER: Number Onewhat is your name, please?My name is Frank William Abagnale.Number Two?My name is Frank William Abagnale.Number Three?My name is Frank William Abagnale.GARAGIOLA: "From 1964 to 1967"I successfully impersonated"an airline pilot for Pan Am Airways"and I flew over two million miles for free."During that time, I was also the chief resident pediatrician"at a Georgia hospital"and an assistant attorney general"for the State of Louisiana."By the time I was caught, I was considered"the youngest and most daring con man in U.S. history."I had cashed almost $4 million in fraudulent checks"in 26 foreign countries and all 50 states."And I did it all before my 19th birthday.My name is Frank William Abagnale."You don't know how to tell the truth...( applause )You don't know how to tell the truth...So, for the first timehe's going to have to tell the truthand we're going to start our questioning with Kitty.Thank you. Number One, why, with all your talent--and you're obviously a very bright fellow--why didn't you go in for a legitimate profession?It was really a question of dollars and cents.When I was a young man, I needed the moneyand I thought this list of careerswas the easiest way to get it.I see.Number Two, I find this all very fascinating.Who was it that finally caught you?His name was Carl Hanratty.( French accent ): Han-an-an-ratty.Ratty.( American accent ): Hanratty.Han-ratty.Carl Hanratty.-Yes. -I...am... Carl Hanratty.I represent the FBI from the United States of America.( speaking French )Yeah. I have ordersto see the American prisoner, Abagnale.Marseille, France Christmas Eve 1969( men speaking French )( keys jangling )( lock turns )( door clanks )( speaks French )( thunder rumbling outside )You sit here.You do not open the door.You do not pass him...anything through the hole.( wind quietly blowing through building )( speaking French )( men conversing indistinctly )( hoarse coughing )Aw... Jesus.( violent coughing )( thunder rumbling )( water dripping )( rain patters on umbrella )( violent coughing continues )( retching )You know, I've got a little bit of a cold myself Me If You Can.-Frank... -( coughing )I'm here to read the articles of extraditionaccording to the European Court for Human Rights."Article One: Extradition shall be granted"in respect of offenses punishable under the laws..."( weakly ): Help me."...for the maximum period of at least one yearof a severe penalty."Help me.Frank... stop it.Help me.You don't think actually you can fool me, do you?( raspy coughing )16 pages to go. Stay with me.Article Two:"If the request for extradition"includes several separate offenseseach of which is punishable under the laws..."( thuds )"of the requesting party..."Frank?Frank?Goddamn it!-Get me a doctor in here! -( speaking French )-I need a doctor! -Yes.Doctor! Now!HANRATTY: Don't sweat it, Frank.We're going to get you right to a doctor.( man speaks French )( speaks French )Frank, if you can hear me, don't worry.I'm going to take you home in the morning.Home in the morning, Frank.( men conversing in French )What are you doing?Washing off the lice.This man has to be on a plane for America.He has to see a doctor.The doctor comes in tomorrow.I have worked too long, too hardfor you to take this away from me.If he dies, I'm holding you responsible.( door creaking )( rain pattering on roof )Monsieur!( men shouting in French )Ah, Frank.( alarm sounding, cups clanking )( prisoners cheering and whistling )( coughing )( cheering continues )( coughing )( cheering continues )( men shouting in French )( prisoners continue cheering )Okay, Carl...let's go home.MAN: The New Rochelle Rotary Clubhas a history that goes back to 1919.In all those yearswe've only seen a handful of deserving gentlemeninducted as lifetime members.It's an honor that, uhthat has seen 57 names enshrined on the wall of honorand tonight, we make it 58.So please stand as I present my very good frienda man who keeps our pencils sharp...( scattered chuckling )and our pens in ink--Frank William Abagnale.( crowd whistling )Six years earlierNew Rochelle, New York 1963( mike feedback whines )I stand here humbledby the presence of Mayor Robert Wagner...( applause )...and our club president, Jack Barnes.( applause )( whistling )Most of all, I'm honored to see my loving wife Paula......and my son, Frank Jr.--Frank... Aw, stand up. Come on--( feedback whining ): ...sitting in the front row.( laughter )Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream.The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned.The second mouse... wouldn't quit.He struggled so hardthat eventually he churned that cream into butterand crawled out.Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.( laughter and enthusiastic applause )( "Embraceable You" playing on record player )PAULA: You're a better dancer than your father, Frankie.You hear that, Daddy?FRANK SR.: Like fun.PAULA: The girls don't knowwhat they're in for.Show him the dance you were doing when we met.Ah, who can remember?The people in that little French villagewere so happy to see Americansthey decided to put on a show for us.So they crammed 200 soldiers...Yeah, we know the story, Daddy....into that tiny social halland the first person to walk onstageis your mother, and she starts to dance.You know, it had been months since we'd even seen a womanand here's this blonde angel.Blonde bombshell.( giggles )And the men are literally holding their breath.Holding their breath for you.You hear that?( giggles )Mm-hmm.And I turned to my buddies and I said..."I will not leave France without her."And I didn't.You didn't.I didn't.( liquid spills )Oh, shit! Oh, shit, the rug!Aw, Mom...I can't believe I did that.No, no, it's nothing. It's nothing.Oh, Frankie, Frankie, get a towel.-Yeah, yeah. -Paula...Come on.My sweet embraceable you...Dance with me, Paula.Ah... ( giggles )( instrumental interlude playing )Whenever I dance for youI get in trouble.( mouthing ): Watch this.( chuckles )Oh! ( laughs )Frank! Wake up.Come on, let's go!Get up. Come on, come on.Frank, wake up.( groans ): Dad...You don't have to go to school today.It's okay.Why? Is it snowing?Do you have a black suit?I overslept again, huh?We have a very important meeting in the city.Eat that. Come on, come on, eat.Ma'am, open up. Just open up, please!-Ma'am? -It's important.What?Oh, gosh!We don't open for half an hour!Open the door, please. Just open the door.It's important.l-I'm sorry, we don't open for half an hour.What's your name, ma'am?Darcy.Darcy. That's a pretty name.I'm in a bit of a fix. I need a suit for my kid.This is my son Frank.Oh, hi.He needs a black suit.Black suit...There was a death in the family.My father, 85 years old, war hero.Yeah?There's a funeral this afternoon, military funeralplanes flying overhead, 21-gun salute.Geez.Frank needs to borrow a suit for a couple of hours.I'm sorry, we don't loan suits, and we're not open.Darcy... Darcy, please.-( sighs ) -Come back.Darcy... is this yours?(jingles )I just found it in the parking lot.Uh-huh.It must've slipped right off your neck.( tires screeching )Don't hit the curb.( brakes squeaking )Now get out, walk around the backand hold the door open for me.( car horn honks )All right.What's next?Okay, stop grinning.When I get inside, you go back to the front seat and wait.Even if a cop comes and writes you a ticketyou don't move the car, understood?Dad, wha-what's all this for?You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?No, it's 'cause the other teamscan't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.Watch this.The manager of Chase Manhattan Bankis about to open the door for your father.Mr. Abagnale, umwe don't usually loan money to peoplewho have unresolved business with the IRS.That's a misunderstanding.I hired the wrong guy to do my books.A mistake, I... anybody could make it.I just need you guys to help me weather the storm.Sir, you're being investigated by the government for tax fraud.My store is a landmark in New Rochelle.I have customers all over New York.Well, you're not a customer at Chase Manhattan.We don't know you.I'm sure your bank in New Rochellethey know you, they could help you out.My bank went out of business.Banks like this one put them out of business.Now, I know I made a mistake, I admit thatbut these people want blood.They want my store.They've threatened to put me in jail.( stammers )This is America, right?I'm not a criminal.I'm a Medal of Honor winnera lifetime member of the New Rochelle Rotary Club.All I'm asking is for you to help me beat these guys.It's not a question of winning and losing.It's a question of risk.You're the largest bank in the world.Where's the fu...Whe... Where's the risk?Dad, how could you just let him take our car like that?He didn't take anything. We took him.He overpaid by $500.Come on, Frank.Let's return the suit.( Paula sobbing )This place is good.It's small but, you knowit's going to be a lot less work.A lot less work for you.(jackhammer drilling in distance )( keys clank )FRANK: Hey, Dad.Hi.Where's your mother?I don't know.She said something about going to look for a job.What's she gonna bea shoe salesman at a centipede farm?( laughing )( both laughing )What are you doing?( both laughing )You want some pancakes?For dinner?On my son's 16th birthday?We're not gonna eat pancakes.Come on, why are you looking at me like that?You thought I forgot?-I didn't think you forgot. -I opened a checking accountin your name.I put $25 in the accountso you can buy whatever you want.Don't tell your mother.I won't.Thanks, Dad.Yep.Didn't that bank turn you down for a loan, though?Yes, they all turned me down.( chuckles )Then why you opening a banking account with them?Well, because one day, you'll want somethingfrom these people-- a house, a car.They have all the money.There's 50 checks there, Frankwhich means, from this day on...you're in their little club.I'm in their little club.You got that, you got it all.It's even got my name there, huh?To the moon.-To the moon! -To the moon.( bells tolling )See that? It's just a school.No different than Westbourne.Ma... you said you were going to quit.Frankie, you don't have to wear the uniform here.Why don't you take off your jacket?I'm used to it.( indistinct conversation )Excuse me.Oh, yes?Do you know where room 17 French is?GIRL: Yeah, it's...( snickering )( school bell ringing )BOY: But you frickin' killed him.( loud indistinct conversation )You selling encyclopedias?Yeah, he looks like a substitute teacher.( boy laughing )( loud conversation and laughter continues )Quiet down, people!My name is Mr. Abagnale!That's Abagnale, not Abagnahleenot Abagnaylee, but Abagnale!Now, somebody please tell me where you left offin your textbooks.Excuse me, people, if I need to ask againI'm going to write up the entire class.Take your seats!Chapter seven.Will you please open your textbooks to, uh, chapter eightand we'll get started?Excuse me, what's your name?Brad.Brad, why don't you get up here in front of the class hereand read conversation number five?( pronouncing poorly ): "Les Francais sonts"uh, generalement-"dans leur pais que... -( students laughing )presque tout le monde a cette impression..."They sent for me.They said they needed a sub for Roberta.I came all the way from-from Dixon.Well, uh, I always sub for Roberta.Excuse me, why aren't you reading?( continues reading )I'll never come back to-to Bellarmine Jefferson again!-You tell them not to call me! -( students laughing )What do they think, it's easy for a woman my ageand all the money that it costs to travel?I tell you, they don't give a damn.( students laughing )Mr. and Mrs. Abagnalethis is not a question of your son's attendance.I regret to inform you that, for the past weekFrank has been teaching Mrs. Glasser's French class.He what?Your son has been pretending to be a substitute teacherlecturing the students, uh, giving out homework.Mrs. Glasser has been ill and there wassome confusion with the real sub.Your son held a teacher-parent conference yesterdayand was planning a class field tripto a French bread factory in Trenton.Do you see the problem we have?-Mrs. Davenport? -Yeah.Uh, I have a note to miss fifth and sixth period today.Doctor's appointment.-One moment. -( phone ringing )I'll be right with you.( whispering ): Hey...MRS. DAVENPORT : Yes?You should fold it.What?That note. It's a fake, right?You should fold it.It's... It's a note from my mom.I have a doctor's appointment.Yeah, but there's no crease in the paper.When your mom hands you a note to miss schoolthe first thing you do is, you fold itand you put it in your pocket.I mean, if it's real, where's the crease?-( school bell ringing ) -( door opens )( quietly ): Frankie.( both chuckling quietly )Ma, I'm home.( romantic music plays on record player )Oh, you remember that girl JoannaI was telling you about?I asked her out today.Think we're going to go to the Junior Prom.( record scratches, music stops )Ma, is this my driver's license?That's all there is, two bedrooms.Oh, Frankie.You remember Dad's friend?Jack Barnes?From the club.Hello.He came by looking for your father.I was giving him a tour of the apartment.It's very, uh, uh, spacious, Paula.Dad's at the store.So, Frank... you're getting to lookmore like your old man every day.Thanks for the sandwich, Paula.I'll see you later, eh?Wait.Is this yours?Oh.Well, thanks, Frank.Uh, that's the President's pin.I'd be in deep trouble if I lost that.( nervous chuckle )I'll see you all later, eh?Are you hungry, Frankie?I'll make you a sandwich.Jack wanted to talk business with your father.He thinks we should get a lawyer and sue the government.That is not legal, what they're doing to us.Why aren't you saying anything?You're not going to tell him... are you?( quietly ): No.That's right.There's nothing to tell.I'm going out for a few hoursto visit some old friends from the tennis club and...when I get home, we'll all have dinner together.Right?But you won't say anythingbecause it's... it's just silly, isn't it?How could we sue anybody?Oh... do you need some money, Frankie?A few dollars to buy some record albums?Here, take five dollars.Or-Or ten.You promised you were going to quit.( slams )( children laughing )( dog barking in distance )Ma, I'm home!( door opens )Hey, hey!You... You stay away from me, hear me?You stay away from me-- I don't know who you arebut if you ever come back here again--Frankie! Frank, Frank, calm down, will you?I'm Dick Kesner.Now, I want you to leave your things hereand follow me into the next room, okay?They're all waiting for you.PAULA: You don't have to be scared.I'm right here, Frank. I'll always be here.But there are laws.Everything in this country has to be legal.So what we need to do is make some decisions.That's what Mr. Kesner is here for.Many times these decisions are left up to the courtsbut that can be very expensive, Frankpeople fighting over their children.Nobody is fighting.Look at me, Frank. Nobody is fighting.( speaking French )( quietly ): Dad, what's going on?Dad, what's going on?( speaking French continues )Do you remember your grandma, Eve?She arrived this morning.( speaks French )Hello.Do you understand what we're saying to you, Frank?Your father and I are getting a divorce.( speaking French )Nothing's gonna change.We're still gonna see each other.Stop it, please, Frank. Don't interrupt.Frank, you don't have to read all of this.Most of it's for your parents-- boring adult business--but this paragraph right here, this is importantbecause it states who you're gonna live with...after the divorce...whose custody you will be in.And there's a blank space right here.( Eve speaking French )And I want you to go into the kitchensit at the tableand put a name down.You can take as long as you wantbut when you come back into this room...I want to see a name on that line.Frank, just write down a name and this will all be over.It's gonna be okay.FRANK: Dad, what name?Your mother or your father.Just put the name there. It's as simple as that.And don't look so scared.It's not a test.There's no wrong answer.( man announcing trains indistinctly )( melancholy jazz playing )Hi.( panting )One ticket to Grand Central, please.That'll be $3.50, sir.Is it okay if I write you a check?Carl, when do I get to call my father?You can call him when we get to New York.We leave for the airport in seven hours.Paris, France 1969Until then, just sit there.Be quiet.You know, Carl, on the other side of the hotelthey got suites that face the park.It's the best room the FBI can afford.It's okay, I've stayed in worse.Mr. Mudrick...Mr. Mudrick, please. You have to listen.I don't want to hear your story.This is two checks that bounced.You know how much trouble I'm in?No, but listen, I'm telling you, the bank, they made the mistake.I'll write you another check right now!What, do I look like I was born yesterday?Look, it's midnight, Mr. Mudrick.Where am I gonna go?You're a goddamn kid.Go home.( baby crying in distance )I mean, I hope you understand.My boss sent me to Brooklyn, then Queens.Now he wants me in Long Islandto take a few clients out for a night on the town.I'm sorry, but we're not allowed to cash checks from other banks.How would we know if they were any good?What did you say your name was?Ashley.Ashley... you know what I found on the sidewalk out there?Must've slipped right off your neck.Is there something I can help you with, son?Well, you see, it's my grandmother's birthday next weekand I want to get her something extra-special.Please, I meanit's my midterm next week and my books were stolen.( raspy coughing )Please, it's just five dollars.No one would have to know.I'm sorry, but we are not allowedto take checks from people we don't know.( horns honking, whistle blowing )( women laughing )Pleasure to have you back, Captain Carlson.What do you think, Angelo?The tomatoes are ripe this afternoon.( women giggling )Well, what have we here?-Can I have your autograph? -You betcha.-Can I have your autograph, too? -You gonna be a pilot?-Mm-hmm! -All right, then.There you go. Work hard in school.FRANK: Dear Dad.I have decided to become an airline pilot.I have applied to all the big airlinesand I have several promising interviews lined up.How's Mom?Have you called her lately?Love, your son, Frank.Hello.I'm Frank Black from Murrow High Schooland I have an appointment with Mr. Morgan.You're the young manwho's writing the article for the school paper.Yes, ma'am, that's me. I want to knoweverything there is to know about being a pilot.What airports does Pan Am fly to?What does a pilot make in a year?And who tells them where they're gonna fly to?Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down.Just take 'em one at a time.All right. What does it meanwhen one pilot says to another pilot:"What kind of equipment are you on?"They just want to know what kind of aircraft you're flying:Is it a DC-8, 707, Constellation?And what about those I.D. badges that I've seen pilots wear?Well, every pilot has to have two things with himat all times: One is his airline personnel badge--looks just like this one here, from Pan Am--the other one is their FAA license...and that looks just like this.Oh. Sir, do you think I can make a copy of thisto put into my article?Oh, Frank, you c

About

Serving the community, our church, and each other in love.

Brothers

bottom of page